multichannel wav/ flac -> no passthrough possible?!
I've got several DTS multi-channel audio files (ripped from DVD-A discs) that are encoded with WAV headers then stored as FLAC files and these play wonderfully on my Squeezebox2 (optical out) - there's a Wiki page describing the process although DBMandrake is 100% correct, if the volume on the Squeezebox is adjusted away from 100% the output bitstream is no longer perfect and all you get is white noise (or silence, depending on how the amp responds to garbage audio input).

These tracks DO play correctly with both paplayer and dvdplayer on OpenELEC 4.0.2 on x86 (Revo 3700) over HDMI to my Onkyo TX-NR828 amp with XBMC set to pass-through DTS etc. It hasn't always been this way, it certainly never worked with Frodo, so I suspect this is a Gotham feature.

Unfortunately my R-Pi (with a recent OpenELEC Helix build) isn't hooked up to my amp and I'm only getting white noise from the Pi (tested paplayer, dvdplayer and omxplayer) when connected to the stereo speakers of my monitor.

I've uploaded a small sample audio file (6MB on Dropbox) here that you can test - you should hear matches being struck from each speaker in turn (Front Left -> Front Right -> Rear Left -> Rear Right -> Centre).

My x86 audio settings:
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.

Messages In This Thread
RE: multichannel wav/ flac -> no passthrough possible?! - by Milhouse - 2014-05-21, 09:33
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
multichannel wav/ flac -> no passthrough possible?!0