30 Days with XBMC + (insert name of mobile/remote streaming engine)
Several days ago, I started this thread (now closed, http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=197197) on a co different topic (namely if running XBMC on headless mode was even needed if we had a scrapper that could pull the thumbnails and talk to the MYSQL database independently from XBMC). As it is often the case, the main point of the thread gave way to something unexpected: The clarification of XBMC direction in devepment (i.e continuous enphasis on the 10ft interface, or living room, the design of XBMC as an all-in-one software package), with added functionality provided by add-ons and work around.

This got me thinking, given the current reality, where users may wish to consume their media away from the 10ft interface, on a myriad of devices (i.e tablets, smartphones, laptop, hybrid, and the 10ft interface)

How would XBMC fare if paired with one of the current mobile/streaming platforms (i.e. plex, MB3, etc.)?

Would its use be enhanced and complimented by these +platforms?

Would this combination change my viewing experience?

Would I gravitate more towards XBMC, or the +platform?

I am hoping to document my experience for the next 30 days on this thread. If you already have setup something along these lines; or simply thinking about doing so, feel free to sound off below...

Messages In This Thread
30 Days with XBMC + (insert name of mobile/remote streaming engine) - by jacintech.fire - 2014-06-15, 14:46
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
30 Days with XBMC + (insert name of mobile/remote streaming engine)2