[AirPlay][Warning] Don't update to iOS8 if you want AirPlay
(2014-09-24, 10:46)Memphiz Wrote: I think in the end wie might end up to have this ios8 compatibility option which then might need to announce a complete seperated airtunes announcement (meaning you see "XBMC/Kodi" as target for video and audio and "XBMC/Kodi-Audio" as audio only target). Unfortunately i was not able to seperate those announcements yet as the client merges those based on something (to be figured out .- either mac addresss or ip or announced mac or what not).
I had exactly the same idea and was already experimenting with this idea when I saw your post - my suspicion is that the MAC address might be used to uniquely distinguish devices, and that lying about the MAC address for the raop service in both bonjour announcements and within the requests themselves (if relevant) may be all that's needed other than changing the name to make the client see it as two independent devices, one video one audio.

I can't see why we can't lie about the MAC address for one of the services because the protocols are all capable of running over a routed network when a bonjour proxy is used, in which case the client has no way to verify the validity of the claimed MAC address against the MAC address in the packets as it may be the MAC address of a router.
Kodi 18.3 - Mid 2007 Mac Mini, 4GB, 2TB HD, Windows 7 SP1
Kodi 18.3 - Vero4k, Raspberry Pi 2. OSMC.

Messages In This Thread
RE: [AirPlay][Warning] Don't update to iOS8 if you want AirPlay - by DBMandrake - 2014-09-24, 12:29
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[AirPlay][Warning] Don't update to iOS8 if you want AirPlay1