[AirPlay][Warning] Don't update to iOS8 if you want AirPlay
(2014-09-29, 04:21)jyavenard Wrote:
(2014-09-28, 21:57)DBMandrake Wrote: It turns out it's very simple - changing features from 0x77 to 0xF7 (turning on bit 7 for mirroring) is the ONLY change needed! No other mystery bits, no changes to version numbers, no changes to model numbers, no photo cache support code required. A single line patch to restore functionality to the same level that we had with iOS 7. Smile

not working for me here...

At least not consistently..

I see playback causing data to be sent from the iphone only about 1 in 10 times...
Any more word on this ?

Can you confirm if the issue you're seeing is with XBMC (if so what build etc) or some other Airplay implementation like MythTV ?

0xF7 is still working really well for me, especially in combination with the following patches that fix an intermittent airtunes issue that has been there (at least for me) for more than a year:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1805240

Memphiz: have you had time to try any testing with only changing features to 0xF7 and not changing the versions etc ? The less changed the safer IMHO.
Kodi 18.3 - Mid 2007 Mac Mini, 4GB, 2TB HD, Windows 7 SP1
Kodi 18.3 - Vero4k, Raspberry Pi 2. OSMC.

Messages In This Thread
RE: [AirPlay][Warning] Don't update to iOS8 if you want AirPlay - by DBMandrake - 2014-10-01, 15:23
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[AirPlay][Warning] Don't update to iOS8 if you want AirPlay1