[AirPlay][Warning] Don't update to iOS8 if you want AirPlay
I've just installed your win32 test build but it has the missing srcvers bug I commented about on github. (confirmed by looking at the bonjour announcements using "net analyzer" on the iPad)

Can you release another test build so people don't start testing with a build with a known mistake in it ? Smile

It's interesting that in brief testing it seems to work ok with the version missing, but we have no idea what undefined behaviour this might cause in future iOS versions and what version it "assumes" when no version is provided...so any testing performed with this test build can't be extrapolated to the final release.

One completely unrelated issue which I had noticed a few days ago but forgot to mention is that I see that xbmc seems to have some logic in it to automatically unpause playback either when the entire file is buffered (in the case of a small video file) or when the buffer fills up without being able to buffer fast enough for continuous playback. (which displays the "cache filled before...." message)

So even though we explicitly start playback paused for a camera roll video, once the full video has buffered for a short video it starts playing anyway...I suspect that is in player code completely unrelated to the airplay. Sad

To reproduce, simply select a video in the camera roll that is quite short (about 30 seconds) and let it complete buffering then it will play anyway even though we didn't press play.
Kodi 18.3 - Mid 2007 Mac Mini, 4GB, 2TB HD, Windows 7 SP1
Kodi 18.3 - Vero4k, Raspberry Pi 2. OSMC.

Messages In This Thread
RE: [AirPlay][Warning] Don't update to iOS8 if you want AirPlay - by DBMandrake - 2014-10-06, 16:38
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[AirPlay][Warning] Don't update to iOS8 if you want AirPlay1