[AirPlay][Warning] Don't update to iOS8 if you want AirPlay
(2015-09-14, 08:53)Memphiz Wrote: Yes - the reason is that i Never finished the addon due to Lack of time and some changes that need to be done in Core to make it possible - those changes were partly ugly and its Hard to get them approved by the Team...

Also it's Hard to predict where changes are needed when Apple Breaks AirPlay - the last fixes for example would have been in core regardless if AirPlay was an addon...

You surely know things more than me but there's a strange point, from my point of view, that I cannot clarify... Old devices, such as Zeppelin B&W speakers and other airplay speakers in general, still remain compatible in every new iOS release, without any update on their side...
So, speaking about audio only, there must be a common denominator always accepted by every device capable to accept Airplay connections...

Do you personally own some version, alpha or beta, that, regardless OpenSource rules, can always work?
I own an old Apple TV, 1st gen, that, even today, and with another name, "AirTunes", can always work as an Airplay receiver... I jailbroke it, so, if you need some config file, and you want to teach me how to provide it Smile, I would be happy to help you.

I also remember, because I used it, that an iOS App, Remote HD, could make possible, for Apple TV 1st ten, to also broadcast via AirPlay pictures and videos...! Did they make reverse engineering of something?!

I hope I've been clear 'cause english is not my first language... Smile

Messages In This Thread
RE: [AirPlay][Warning] Don't update to iOS8 if you want AirPlay - by fedux - 2015-09-19, 14:06
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[AirPlay][Warning] Don't update to iOS8 if you want AirPlay1