Audio Options in Gotham, Nerfed? Win7
Hey guys, yes I'm new only by force. Wink

So here's my dilema. I've been running XBMC Frodo 12.1 inside WMC (Integration tool). I like using XBMC to view my MKV's and most other video files because it syncs the video with my display properly (I get 24p when it's 24p content) . Also XBMC seems to handle switching my audio with ease! Well, in Frodo it does, not so much in Gotham. What gives?

I have a dedicated HTPC I put together from an old HP media desktop. Dual 2.4ghz 4gb ram, Hauppage WinTV Dual tuner card (OTA PVR) and tons of HD space. I have mostly MKV's, and some other formats for video, varying from TV shows to movies to concerts, whatever. I have an NVidia GT-640 video card with HDMI pushing into my Yamaha RX-V475 and into a Samsung 55" F6400. I also have the digital coax audio running from the HTPC into the AVR because we all know that lovely issue with audio over HDMI. Basically, windows doesn't like when you turn things off then back on other than the computer. Part of my reasoning for using XBMC was to get around that, if I switch between Coax and HDMI for audio, it works perfectly fine and carries the audio through the HDMI. Since some audio signals don't pass through Coax I'd rather just let XBMC use the HDMI. So I can do this with ease through Frodo.

I upgraded to Gotham as per the little ticker down below and the option was gone. I did a search and did the recommended expert mode, enabled all the different audio processing my AVR does and things were only coming through 2 channel. No matter what I switched the output device to. DirectX or Waspi, Coax or HDMI, it was all 2 ch.

So I just uninstalled Gotham and re-installed Frodo and it's working fine again. What gives? Why fix something that wasn't broken and break it?

Messages In This Thread
Audio Options in Gotham, Nerfed? Win7 - by hobeguy78 - 2014-07-25, 00:04
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Audio Options in Gotham, Nerfed? Win70