Need advice on file naming / structure
Think your best splitting every movie into its own folder, especially if your going to be using addons like artworkdownloader, I have 2 versions of some films and both are fine if in individual folders. so for instance split avatar like this

\movies\avatar (2009)\avatar.mp4
\movies\avatar SE (2009)\avatar_specialedition.mp4
\movies\avatar 3D (2009)\avatar_3d.mp4

for items like your watchmen directors commentary I think you'll perhaps need to look into the addon videoextras and how that works.

naming the harrypotters just harrypotter1...8 might not be right, not sure the scraper would find it, change these to same name as the folder i.e. for film name and try that. I have all 8 in individual folders and named like folder name and all 8 are in my library.

Some tips as well.

Include the (Year) in file name like folder as the scraper uses the file name.
If you want blu-ray/3d logos displayed then make sure file name contains '.bluray' / '.3d' accordingly.

i.e.

\movies\harry potter and the deathly hallows part 2 (2011)\harry potter and the deathly hallows part 2.bluray (2011).mp4 (if bluray version?)
\movies\harry potter and the deathly hallows part 2 3D (2011)\harry potter and the deathly hallows part 2.3d (2011).mp4

Messages In This Thread
RE: Need advice on file naming / structure - by Mike_Doc - 2014-08-12, 21:43
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Need advice on file naming / structure0