[CLOSED] Legacy SexyCirrus Expanded
(2015-07-12, 02:41)J7AYU Wrote: Been meaning to post a video of what RocketLauncher can do but couldn't find decent video capture software, however I managed to get a half decent result with Open Broadcaster Software. Note at 1:04 in the video where it jumps back to Kodi and again during the Sega Saturn emulation demo. doesn't happen in real time its just the video capture software switching sources to grab the game footage. On the PC Game Ride it has a pre-launch window with the game settings this was annoying when using only Advanced Launcher because I would launch the game using a controller then have to dig out my mouse to click play. Also I keep all my emulated games in a 7z compression file format. RocketLauncher will unzip these to a temporary location, once done unzipping mount the image if it needs to be mounted and launch the emulator after your done playing it will delete the game from the temporary folder. I also had problems with games stored on a network drive with Advanced Launcher as my network drive wouldn't always be mounted when I restarted the computer, no such problems with Rocket Launcher. Anyway that's enough of my ramblings watch the vid and you'll get what I'm on about.

Thanks for that. I had a look at the video and tried it myself. Perhaps I am ignorant on the matter but apart from archive handling there doesn't seem to be much that RocketLaunch offers that Advanced Launcher already does. Technically speaking, you are having one frontend communicate with another frontend before a game loads and it strikes me as a bit of double handling. For your decompression purposes it seems useful but none of my main games, apart from titles from the 16-bit / arcade era and before are achieved so those benefits are lost on me.

Any Windows based games with launchers and whatnot can usually be disabled by a simple command line argument depending on title.

In other news, as Paradix graciously provided "official" binaries for Helix and has already got the Isengard build done this project will not be migrating to any other skins. So long as Cirrus remains active. Smile

Messages In This Thread
RE: [RELEASE] SexyCirrus Expanded - Viewtypes for Advanced Launcher - by Rufoo - 2015-07-13, 09:41
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[CLOSED] Legacy SexyCirrus Expanded4