Win HOW TO - Launch MPC-HC/MPC-BE with madVR as an External Player
(2019-08-19, 12:25)Warner306 Wrote:
(2019-08-19, 01:37)pletopia Wrote: I originally posted this in the Intel Coffee Lake (NUC) forum but got no response so hoping I might get some here.

What am I doing wrong? I recently got an nuc8i3 and this week got a new Vizio PX75-G1. When I use the builtin netflix app and play 4k hdr content it looks great. When I run Windows on it and set Windows to HDR mode it looks like crap. Literally the non-HDR desktop looks more amazing. Next problem I have is even when I turn on Kodi with windows set to HDR mode the tv is reporting its still running in HDR10 mode. I thought going into a non-HDR app was suppose to put it into SDR mode and then when you quit Kodi it goes back into HDR mode. I followed most of the guide from this post (I stopped where you start doing the post-processing settings, basically I ended after I set MadVR to passthrough HDR to the display). Decided to fire up Kodi and not convinced anything is working. When I leave windows in SDR mode it doesn't switch to HDR mode when playback starts and when I have windows in HDR mode the picture looks washed out.
As was stated, Windows HDR outputs everything as HDR. This is only beneficial if you are playing an HDR video. Is that at least working correctly?

Unfortunately, Intel doesn't have any API's available to automatically trigger HDR mode without Windows HDR. That only works with a Nvidia or AMD GPU. 
I don't think its working as the couple files I tried looked washed out just like the desktop. Looked better when watching them in Windows SDR mode.

So I would need to be in Windows HDR mode all the time being that its a NUC ?

Messages In This Thread
RE: HOW TO - Launch MPC-HC/MPC-BE with madVR as an External Player - by pletopia - 2019-08-19, 16:00
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HOW TO - Launch MPC-HC/MPC-BE with madVR as an External Player7