Win HOW TO - Launch MPC-HC/MPC-BE with madVR as an External Player
@Warner306

May I please borrow your wisdom again?

I configured my Kodi installation to exclusively use mpc BE + madVR regardless of file type since the VideoPlayer is not doing it for me (occasional playback stutter). Everything works as intended, including 4K HDR + HD audio.

One small issue remains - I cannot get mpc to display forced subtitles by default without also enabling standard subtitles for all other titles. I downloaded the most recent LAV filters and made sure to tick the box for automatically displaying forced subtitles in Splitter settings. Sure enough, during playback when I look at the Splitter filter it has a check next to the forced subtitles stream. But it won’t actually show them on screen unless I also tick ‘enable’ in subtitle options. This will then also show non-forced subtitles in other files which I don’t want by default.

What am I missing? FYI I don’t use external subtitles, they’re all embedded in mkv files that I rip straight from disc.

Messages In This Thread
RE: HOW TO - Launch MPC-HC/MPC-BE with madVR as an External Player - by Cinephile - 2019-09-25, 01:11
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HOW TO - Launch MPC-HC/MPC-BE with madVR as an External Player7