[SOLVED] How to limit what a user sees?
I have a user account issue. Could not find anything from wiki or with google. Didn't use Linux prefix as I think this is more of a xbmc configuration issue.

My setup:
xbmc 13.2 media is on Ubuntu 12.04 x64 server, using MySQL. PPA
Xbmc 13.2 runs on desktop with Ubuntu 14.04 x64. PPA GIT:0f3db05
(Also runs on a couple of other Linux variations, Androids and one Windows computer, but those are fine.)
All upgraded since Frodo 12.0 through point updates and then to Gotham and through point updates. No RC or Beta ever installed.

I have configured advancedsettings.xml.

This is it:
<advancedsettings><videodatabase><type>mysql</type><host>192.168.x.x</host><port>3306</port><user>xxx</user><pass>xxx</pass></videodatabase><musicdatabase><type>mysql</type><host>192.168.x.x</host><port>3306</port><user>xxx</user><pass>xxx</pass></musicdatabase><videolibrary><importwatchedstate>true</importwatchedstate></videolibrary></advancedsettings>

Now, on this computer our daughter sometimes watches series without me having my eye on the screen constantly. She should not watch Dexter or Hellraiser, you know. It used to be fine when I just import the advancedsettings.xml to all the clients, they can see all the folders where I have anything. I then go to this one computer, start xbmc on her account, go to Videos – Files and manually add only those folders containing cartoons and children's programs. Then on her account it used to work that she can see only those that are manually selected in the Videos – Files. But now all of a sudden she can see all movies and series. Not sure if it is since updating 13.1 to 13.2 or after couple of Ubuntu updates, but it is very recent. It has been working on at least 13.0 and before.

Has something changed? How can I limit what video files the second user sees? She should have access only to kidsmovies and kidsseries.

Oh, and on the server they are sorted as:
/srv/samba/movies
/srv/samba/series
/srv/samba/kidsmovies
/srv/samba/kidsseries
/srv/samba/documentaries

Thanks.
There's no place like ~

Messages In This Thread
[SOLVED] How to limit what a user sees? - by frogthroat - 2014-12-02, 21:23
RE: How to limit what a user sees? - by TRaSH - 2014-12-02, 23:03
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help