Bug KODI is too slow on huge lists of songs Part II
While I have over 53000 songs in my music library I haven't had any issues with it because I rarely have the urge (and certainly not the time!) to play them all in one go
Opening the list of all songs takes about 43 seconds which is about the same as the topicstarter experienced. A bit long but it is a huge list. Since I felt experimental I decided to play the entire list and see how long it would take or whether Kodi (15.2) would crash or not.
At the same time I kept a check on the logfile. Since it is stated that for each song the same two lines are written to the log I was expecting the log to grow with 106118 (53059 *2) lines.

The good news is that Kodi didn't crash. It just took about about 17 minutes and 30 seconds before Kodi started playing the first song in the list. The logfile had grown by 106142 lines, which isn't exactly the 106118 I was expecting but comes quite close. After sorting and counting the log entries it checked out perfectly (exactly two lines of code for every song added to the playlist).

Code:
17:59:39 T:3760   DEBUG: GOT ANNOUNCEMENT, type: 2, from xbmc, message OnClear
17:59:39 T:3760   DEBUG: CAnnouncementManager - Announcement: OnAdd from xbmc
17:59:39 T:3760   DEBUG: GOT ANNOUNCEMENT, type: 2, from xbmc, message OnAdd
18:17:07 T:3760   DEBUG: CAnnouncementManager - Announcement: OnAdd from xbmc
18:17:07 T:3760   DEBUG: GOT ANNOUNCEMENT, type: 2, from xbmc, message OnAdd

Kodi really has a lot to do here, It must retrieve all information from a SQL server in the network, stores them in a local playlist and also write two lines for each item in the logfile. The latter might add significantly to the amount of time it takes. The logfile is on a SSD drive which might make a difference as opposed to a slower HDD or SD-card (most Raspberries).

For me it isn't a big issue since I rarely create large playlists and those are only a few thousand songs which doesn't take very long.
I think all righthtinking people in this country are sick and tired of being told that ordinary, decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired.

Messages In This Thread
RE: KODI useless on large music libraries Part II - by PH-SYM - 2016-02-18, 19:58
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
KODI is too slow on huge lists of songs Part II0