Announcing new skin, AppTV (xTV-SAF reboot)
(2015-08-19, 09:55)SideStepSociety Wrote: I kind of figured you wouldn't be able to use the Apple logo, fonts, etc. Should be noted, though, that Apple has made the San Francisco font available to Developers, so one has to wonder if they're willing to share.

I mostly just wanted to show off what this theme was capable of to other users, should they want to edit it themselves, since I believe this to be the most accurate of all of the Apple TV skins out there, excluding some of the graphics and little things like highlight colours, etc. I'm doing some work on my own setup to change the blue highlights for menus, buttons, etc. to greys/whites since that seems to be the way of the new Apple TV interface.
Basically the rules for me to have the skin in the main Kodi repo prevent me from using anything that is not open source. There is no reason why users can't use their own icons and fonts to achieve a closer look to the original look and I would encourage anyone to give it a go just as a learning experience. I am planing to provide the skin with a couple of alternate themes (a light and dark theme) and I'm looking forward to see if the latest rumors on a new AppleTV pan out (a updated lighter GUI). Also to be fair, this skin has changed over the years to focus in on the newer interfaces while still keeping the oldest one viable, so there are a number of compromises I have made to achieve this. That and while I have tried to stick fairly closely to the Apple way, I have now included some display elements to help the user understand some of the Kodi user interface conventions (what I call the screen settings menu, but what others would call the side menu for one). This all adds upto a skin that is close but not quite there as far as looks.

Quote:I would however, really like to see this supporting 16:10 aspect ratios, which is way beyond me.
I am constantly trying to improve how the skin looks in varying screen aspects, but to a large degree the skin engine only allows me so much leeway before I have to rewrite ALL of the code to change the layout to suit a particular aspect ratio. That and I have a 4:3 and a 16:9 screen to test the skin on, so I would be coding blind to code for 16:10 or any other aspect ratio not listed above. All I can suggest is that you provide screen grabs of screens that you think don't look right and I will try to provide some general code that might improve the look of non 16:9 screens

Quote:I originally pulled the icons I used in the images above from:

http://www.deviantart.com/art/Apple-TV-i...-525972456

So all credit goes to him for that. And of course, big thanks to you for giving me some kind of foundation to work with, otherwise I'd be without a paddle!
I took a look at the icons you mentioned. I'm not sure, maybe he did draw those from scratch, but they look very close to the original images. Really I can't be sure that someone (a Fruity electronics company maybe) might not take exception to me distributing a skin with copyrighted images included, that and there is always the Kodi repo guardians opinions to consider as well. As I said, I liked the look, it's just I'm pretty sure I can't use it. But for your own personal use, hey go for it.

Wyrm (AppTV)
If required a FULL debug log can now be submitted from the skin in settings->skin settings->support. Or follow instructions here if you can't access skin settings.

FAQ's located at :- http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:AppTV

Messages In This Thread
RE: Announcing new skin, AppTV (xTV-SAF reboot) - by wyrm - 2015-08-19, 17:36
How i add submenus - by rouchi - 2020-04-23, 19:31
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Announcing new skin, AppTV (xTV-SAF reboot)1