using a large projection screen ...need smaller text
I don't think you mentioned exactly how much smaller you want to go, but if something like 25-30% is enough, a very simple trick I'm using doesn't involve editing the fonts.xml file and doing a bunch of math to re-scale every definition correctly... I simply looked through my system fonts folder and found a font that is physically smaller than the default ("teen-normal.ttf" located in "C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\skin.transparency\fonts") and replaced that file.

For example, the font "Cordia New Regular" is about 25-30% shorter than Teen-Normal at the same point sizes, narrower, and a thinner stroke. I think it looks much better on a large display than the default one.

Simply find the new font file you want to use, and rename "teen-normal.ttf" to "teen-normal.ttf.bak", and then copy the new font file there and rename it to "teen-normal.ttf", then next time you launch Kodi, Transparency! will use that font instead.

You can swap and try different fonts using this method as much as you want without fear of screwing up the fonts.xml file by manual editing.

Cheers
TRJB

Messages In This Thread
RE: using a large projection screen ...need smaller text - by therealjoeblow - 2015-02-02, 20:33
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
using a large projection screen ...need smaller text0