preconfigured kodi before compiling?
Hey guys,

I have been an xbmc hobbyist for years and only recently have i been playing with android and xbmc.
I am a web develper and integrator.....not a coder.....but i have been teaching myself as much as possible.

i have been trying to create an apk with a preconfigured xbmc.
my own skin, some commonly used plugins, and my own plugin i have built for our internal signage network.

I have searched the forum to no avail....
so i had to figure out a way to do it that i know is the wrong way....but it's the most progress i have gotten so far.

what i have done is download the latest koi....then i used apktool to decompile it (i cant figure out how to compile xbmc and github)

i then had a folder with all the xbmc files.
i added all of my add ons to the add ons folder....
changed up my default loading screens and icons etc.

repacked with apktool....

had it digitally signed with this zip tool (again i ama full newbie to compiling programs)

and what do you know i had an apk....
i installed the apk.....load up screen...perfect.....even was on my own skin....
then teh screen flashes and the skin gets set back to default, and none of my preconfigured settings like "file manager" to my servers internally or th login for the sigage network.

the other odd thing is that every add on or plugin cant be installed or unistalled (install/uninstall is greyed out)

so....

obviously i have done something super wrong....
and i want to throw that knowledge out and start over.

how or where can i learn to take the kodi you guys have.....in its source....add all my stuff to it, and have it create itself as a nice apk that i can install on our 24 screens without manually having to do each one?

thanks in advance, i am at a loss!

Big Grin

lost in the code that i never knew.

Messages In This Thread
preconfigured kodi before compiling? - by krzmtl - 2015-02-09, 00:44
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
preconfigured kodi before compiling?0