WIP Windows DirectX 11 upgrade test thread
(2015-02-20, 14:30)afedchin Wrote: @Martijn
Thanks. I need more testing to find reason of issue. Please try next build (Febrary 20) which include rework of dxva renderer and a lot of debug messages.

@tfouto
You don't need to reboot computer. If you wanna not loose all setting, backup your %APPDATA%\Kodi folder or launch Kodi with -p parameter.

@orby
Thanks for feedback.

@poplap
It was not necessary to remove the ad.xml it required to test all rendering paths.

Let's me explain.
By default in the Kodi's settings the render method is Auto and DXVA2 acceleration is enabled. The Auto setting of render method means what will be used pixel shaders for rendering. But if DXVA2 acceleration is enabled and current video is supported by hardware decoder the Kodi forces the rendering method to DXVA and doesn't matter what is setted up in the settings. Using DXVA2 decoding and DXVA rendering is optimal way to display video content.

The flag <forcedxvarenderer>false</forcedxvarenderer> in your advancedsetting.xml disables default behavior and allows using any other rendering method with the dxva2 decoding. But this is not optimal and uses a more CPU/GPU and memory usage.

So to try a new build, when unistalling the old kodi i have to delete profile folder right?

Messages In This Thread
New build 14/02/2015 - by afedchin - 2015-02-14, 15:16
RE: Windows DirectX 11 upgrade test thread - by tfouto - 2015-02-20, 16:12
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Windows DirectX 11 upgrade test thread6