Solved Kodi does not create mysql databases - Helix 14.1
Hello,

First a quick intro. I've been using Kodi (xbmc) since version 9.04 and familiar with all the OS's it can be installed on. I've been using mysql for the library database since Darwin. My point, not really a noob, even though I have never joined the forum until now.

Enter Helix (14 and 14.1) I originally tried another upgrade which worked relatively well through many versions of kodi, but Helix failed on so many counts I decided to do a fresh install. I switched my OS to try Kodiubuntu (which was a very impressive installer, well done Kodiubuntu team).

I have tried everything in the wiki and forums, but can't get mysql to work with Helix. I can log into mysql with
Code:
mysql -u kodi -p

Enter Password: kodi

mysql>

I get a mysql prompt with full access to mysql, but no databases added by kodi.

My advancedsettings.xml looks like this

Code:
<advancedsettings>
  <videodatabase>
    <type>mysql</type>
    <host>10.0.0.7</host>
    <port>3306</port>
    <user>kodi</user>
    <pass>kodi</pass>
  </videodatabase>
  <musicdatabase>
    <type>mysql</type>
    <host>10.0.0.7</host>
    <port>3306</port>
    <user>kodi</user>
    <pass>kodi</pass>
  </musicdatabase>
  <videolibrary>
    <importwatchedstate>true</importwatchedstate>
    <importresumepoint>true</importresumepoint>
  </videolibrary>
  <useddsfanart>true</useddsfanart>
  <cputempcommand>cputemp</cputempcommand>
  <gputempcommand>gputemp</gputempcommand>
  <samba>
    <clienttimeout>30</clienttimeout>
  </samba>
  <network>
    <disableipv6>true</disableipv6>
  </network>
</advancedsettings>

When I start kodi, there is no library and library update does nothing. I should note that I exported my library to multiple files, so .nfo files are all over the place. I tried renaming sources.xml and starting a fresh one, but same results.

I can take the mysql tags out of advancedsettings.xml and revert back to using the .db files in the Databases folder. I thought about making the databases manually, but everything suggests that kodi should be able to do this. Any ideas?

Messages In This Thread
Kodi does not create mysql databases - Helix 14.1 - by Donsch - 2015-02-14, 16:39
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi does not create mysql databases - Helix 14.10