Win HOW TO - Configure a Logitech Harmony Remote for Kodi
Rather than waiting for Logitech to release an updated firmware fix for this, I've been playing with settings for the past week. I now have a work around for this issue that has allowed connectivity back to my system.

Instead of using the usual list of devices as in the first post, add a new device that is the actual manufacturer and model of your computer (Don't know why I didn't think of this earlier). For me, I had to add a new manufacturer of "ASRock" and a model of "Vision 3D 252B". Reset the activities to use this new device, sync settings and bingo.. everything starts working again.

Something changed with firmware v4.13.100 to stop the normal way of setting things up to no longer function. This still needs to be fixed by Logitech.

Hope this helps others.

(2017-08-05, 16:51)rrrevin Wrote: Logitech Harmony firmware upgrade to v4.13.100 seems to have broken IR to my PC, which runs Kodi. Let me explain.

The official Harmony app on Android auto-updated last night. As a result a message was displayed on the app saying "Harmony Hub firmware must by upgraded to be compatible with this version of the app". OK, I thought. Shouldn't be an issue. So I ran the Sync option in the app, according to the documentation also forces a firmware upgrade on the hub. The hub upgraded to v4.13.100, released July 27, 2017.

Now, none of the IR commands from the hub to the PC work anymore. Nothing happens. TV controls fine. But the PC is silent. All of this worked perfect literally minutes before the firmware upgrade. Nothing has changed on the PC/TV side. IR in PC has a Microsoft eHome Infrared Transceiver, Nuvoton SIO CIR NTN0530.

I've tried deleting the old device and re-adding it as the following Manufacturer/Model pairs, nothing works.
  • Microsoft/MCE Keyboard
  • Microsoft/Windows Media Center SE
  • Microsoft/Kodi *
  • Computer/Windows
None of those devices can get IR to the PC working again. I can't downgrade the app (can't find older versions) and downgrading the hub seems impossible as well (again, can't find old version of the firmware). Anyone else see or are experiencing this?

* Note: Harmony seems to have REMOVED IR support for this device (Microsoft/Kodi) in this firmware build. All their "older" docs say it is supported, but if you set this pair, a warning about "IR not supported, please use Bluetooth" (or something like that) is displayed.

Messages In This Thread
RE: HOW TO - Configure a Logitech Harmony Remote for Kodi - by rrrevin - 2017-08-30, 17:39
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HOW TO - Configure a Logitech Harmony Remote for Kodi6