ACCEPTED: On-the-Fly Transcoding
No im still talking about transcoding on the fly and in real time on any device

I just believe the best way to do it to integrate it with other hardware and software is to create a app/interface that is not kodi's internal default player. A clean slate, plus then it has applications outside of kodi although purpose built for it

I'm bank rolling the project and i only have a basic understanding of coding, I can take advice from my coding team but really i wish to get your input as well as you guys obviously know Kodi so much better, then I can tell my coding tam what is ideal

Films are one thing and these are not too bad on most devices. Live TV and streams are different. I want everything to work no questions

Your talking realtime transcoding/remuxing of all the file type into something more common and universal

Container formats: AVI, MPEG, WMV, ASF, FLV, MKV/MKA (Matroska), QuickTime, MP4, M4A, AAC, NUT, Ogg, OGM, RealMedia RAM/RM/RV/RA/RMVB, 3gp, VIVO, PVA, NUV, NSV, NSA, FLI, FLC, DVR-MS and WTV
Video formats: MPEG-1, MPEG-2, H.263, MPEG-4 SP and ASP, MPEG-4 AVC (H.264), H.265 (as from Kodi 14) HuffYUV, Indeo, MJPEG, RealVideo, RMVB, Sorenson, WMV, Cinepak.

and i wish to know how to best logically to achieve this

at the moment im thinking there needs to be a reader of the original source, and intermediary transcoder of the stream and an output player all running alongside each other??

Whatever the way is I want to put everything behind it, The vision is to be able to add speakers, home cinema systems anything UPnP or DLNA an control it from the interface, this is one reason why i think it might have to be outside of Kodi's default player as I dont want to limit it to Kodi, I want a full open and free solutions for every application, versatile and functional

Thanks

Messages In This Thread
ACCEPTED: On-the-Fly Transcoding - by mANm - 2015-03-16, 22:37
RE: ACCEPTED: On-the-Fly Transcoding - by zag - 2015-07-04, 18:22
RE: ACCEPTED: On-the-Fly Transcoding - by zag - 2015-09-01, 23:51
RE: ACCEPTED: On-the-Fly Transcoding - by zag - 2015-09-22, 10:27
RE: ACCEPTED: On-the-Fly Transcoding - by zag - 2015-09-22, 11:30
RE: ACCEPTED: On-the-Fly Transcoding - by zag - 2015-09-22, 14:05
RE: ACCEPTED: On-the-Fly Transcoding - by zag - 2015-10-22, 10:57
RE: ACCEPTED: On-the-Fly Transcoding - by 69thelememt - 2015-10-25, 22:25
RE: ACCEPTED: On-the-Fly Transcoding - by zag - 2016-03-03, 11:09
RE: ACCEPTED: On-the-Fly Transcoding - by zag - 2016-03-03, 14:36