Kodi DSPlayer – DirectShow Player for Windows
(2015-07-26, 21:07)MKANET Wrote: @aracnoz, any chance you could please consider looking into the the issue preventing the Trakt.TV addon from reliably opening it's Rating's Dialog box on Player.OnPlaybackStopped? Maybe this is a complication indirectly caused by DSPlayer's OSD lag? I tried to ask for help about this in the trakt.tv forum thread; however, they mentioned the correct place to ask for help is in this thread. Thanks for any help you can offer about this. PS: I'm NOT using FSE.

Looking forward to the next Isengard DSPlayer update!

fixed with next build

(2015-07-27, 06:33)Warner306 Wrote: I am posting a bug mentioned previously. When DSPlayer is stopped, the main menu experiences slowdown. Skin animations, in particular, slow down and appear choppy. The impact is subtle, but is definitely apparent when compared to DVDPlayer. This stutter may be related to a problem reported in the previous build. Again, stopping playback causes the menu to appear like it is moving at a framerate lower than 60hz.

I can't find anything unusual in the debug log, but it is available here: http://www.xbmclogs.com/pafvp7o6w.

madVR v0.88.21
Direct3D 11 for presentation
fullscreen exclusive mode
Kodi set to Adjust display refresh rate
madVR display modes: 1080p23, 1080p50, 1080p60
Force madVR to exit from fullscreen before stop

that's really strange, anyway can you explain me why are you managing the refresh with both madVR and kodi? maybe could be a solution for someone but it's more possible that there is a fight between kodi and madVR on this
i would know what happens with the refresh handled only by madvr or only by kodi, there is still this problem? also using dx9 as presentation in madvr

ps if you are not experiencing a black screen after stop you could disable the option that force madvr to exit from full screen before stop

(2015-07-27, 14:03)GlennNZ Wrote: logs as requested:

https://www.mediafire.com/?uyyo3sjyizzyqz6

Issues:
Still occ. d3derr device hung - first smaller log captures that. Not occurring during video now however. And have updated everything possible. may be unrelated and seems system issue - but only occurs within dsplayer.
Does seem to have something to do with directx9 (https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library...s.85).aspx)

2nd
Pause screen not going away - despite video playing - PAUSE button remains in middle of screen.
Intermittent, not always.
Low latency mode continues based on present que of 2 only.
Seek removes PAUSE - however remains in low latency mode.
Best example end of long log, just prior to video stop. Sorry for size.

3rd
Refresh rate changes and start of video quite slow - have turned off Kodi refresh rate change using madVR alone &and still takes 2-3 seconds with menu appearing, disappearing and appearing again, before video starts.

Does it change refresh rate when window mode is backed into again? And then again when FSE mode is exited?
Does seem there are multiple resolution changes.

Still getting there and is useable (I notice madVR having a number of ongoing issues fixed as well)

Thanks for the hard work!

Dsplayer 21.7 build - skin aeon mq5 mod
madVR 0.88.21
Direct3D 11 for presentation
fullscreen exclusive mode
Kodi set to NOT to Adjust display refresh rate
madVR display modes: 1080p23, 1080p50, 1080p60
Force madVR to exit from fullscreen before stop

for the first problem it's definitely a system issue because there are alot of "ERROR: ActiveAE::ActiveAE::CActiveAE::InitSink - failed to init" that are nothing todo with dsplayer
for the second problem i don't see nothing strange in the debug log, are you able to reproduce this while madVR stats are opened? there is a repeated frames while playback?
low latency mode should be enabled until there is some element of kodi drawn on madVR

if this problem don't always happens you should try to catch a way to reproduce the pause issue, and then tell me step by step, there should be a pattern

anyway you should try to test everything with a fresh new installation, i see alot of error with old db not updated and other things

are you able to reproduce this only with aeon mq5?

for the refresh let me explain one for all what happens Smile

if madVR manages the refresh it will change the refresh sooner, it's the first thing that happens, after that DSPlayer takes his time to process and open the file
in this case we see again the kodi menu in the while that dsplayer launch the file, i don't know maybe madshi can add an option to change the refresh later but it's not so important to me, it's just a cosmetics

instead with kodi that manages the refresh the first thing that happens it's kodi that process entirely the opening file and only when the process it's ready to start with playback the refresh it's changed to match the fps

but the execution time it's the same in both cases

p.s.

just sent pm to madshi and with a next version of madVR will be added an option for the developers to decide when the player should switch display mode, the he also confirmed me a possible solution to solve the "repeated frames" issue that some of you are experiencing, but before apply this solution i would to know how to reproduce the problem because the cause of that could be more important

so if any of you are experiencing the a sort of loop while madVR playback with few frames pls you have to try to catch a way to reproduce the problem

Messages In This Thread
Lockup on STOP issue resolved! - by MKANET - 2015-04-11, 21:59
RE: Kodi DSPlayer – DirectShow Player for Windows - by aracnoz - 2015-07-27, 17:39
RE: 4G aware patch - by MagikMark - 2015-09-08, 03:27
Alt-F4 no longer quits - by JeffA - 2015-10-31, 20:38
H265 playback - by rew88 - 2017-11-04, 00:41
RE: H265 playback - by ashlar - 2017-11-04, 16:21
RE: H265 playback - by rew88 - 2017-11-05, 01:34
RE: H265 playback - by ashlar - 2017-11-05, 16:48
RE: H265 playback - by rew88 - 2017-11-05, 23:08
RE: H265 playback - by ashlar - 2017-11-06, 12:00
Leia 18 - by terpsarlington - 2017-11-21, 03:51
RE: Leia 18 - by spencerjford - 2017-11-21, 06:24
Display Modes / Refresh Rates - by goofer69 - 2019-09-20, 00:19
RE: Display Modes / Refresh Rates - by ashlar - 2019-09-20, 00:39