Certain DVD images hang after 10 sec. of playing
I've asked this question in the OSMC forum too (link), but it might not be an OSMC related problem, but Kodi related. So I hope you will forgive me the double post...

I use OSMC version: 0.9.9 (RC1?) and Kodi version: "compiled Apr 17 2015", my Raspberry Pi version is B.

Most DVD images play just fine. But I've got some images that stop playing after 10 sec. You can skip, say, 30 sec. and then again playback stops after about 10 sec. showing a still image. After that you can only press 'stop'. I have the mpeg2 licence.

Said DVD images play just fine in VLC on my PC. Can I install a different DVD player than the default one in Kodi? This used to be possible in XBMC and solved some problems for me in the past. Is it possible to use VLC as video player in Kodi?

Here are the debug logs when I try to play one of those video_ts folders from an USB hard drive connected to the Pi:
The debug log shows that Kodi stopped playing the DVD playing at 14:14:14 w/ the message: "DEBUG: CDVDPlayer:TonguerocessSubData: Got complete SPU packet". Some minutes after that I pressed Stop on my keyboard (i.e. X) and after that some more messages are logged.

What's wrong?

Messages In This Thread
Certain DVD images hang after 10 sec. of playing - by xbmcuser01 - 2015-05-14, 15:50
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Certain DVD images hang after 10 sec. of playing0