How can we fix the image size problem with addons?
Somehow the post above by jurialmunkey finally reminded me why I really never made much use of content type "episodes" and almost always use "tvshows" and/or "movies".
It's to do with the search function in several of my earlier addons and more recently my PBS and CBC addons. When doing a search, you never know what's going to come back. Many times I get back just a video and an image with little or no metadata to support content type decision other than the description alluding to whether it's an episode of a show or a movie. I know it's a playable video but have no reliable way of knowing if it's a movie or an episode, however the image has different aspect ratios depending on what's returned. I wasn't sure how to figure out what the aspect ratio of the image was from the image file (naming wasn't happening) so I just looked at them and decided that they looked better as posters and therefore choose either "movies or "tvshows" for the whole search container depending on what metadata was available.
I now know that this will screw up some skins. The saddest part of this story is that a couple of the addons need to use the search facility with a category or name set as the standard method to get content.
There are things like documentaries which have poster images but the meta-data reads like an episode of a show.
I only bring all this up because the more I think about cases, at least for my addons, it would be nice to be able to change the content type on ListItem level, rather than Container level. I don't know if that's a real pain in the rear elsewhere or not.

Messages In This Thread
RE: How can we fix the image size problem with addons? - by learningit - 2015-05-19, 05:46
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How can we fix the image size problem with addons?0