How can we fix the image size problem with addons?
(2015-05-19, 07:14)bromix Wrote: I don't see a problem here....if this is the case...we shouldn't do addons at all. I know the problems and pain with search and mixed content returned by it...but that's not the problem...just don't set a content type (not everything is based on search or mixed content at once).

For the rest of an addon it should be clear which content type work and which not - I wouldn't set for SoundCloud episodes...I even set Artist for the Artist selection and it works. Please take a look at my addons, I even switch while navigating the content type so the skin works properly with the information of the addon and have no complaining about it at all.

Take for example Reb Bull TV: I set no conent for most (default) navigation...for Shows I set TV Show...it also provides Films (but I missed to switch to Movies Big Grin ) and for all videos I switch to Episodes....it works very well and I don't see a problem...only solutions and possibilities to deal with it. There is only a missing rule set/guide lines - we shouldn't complicate things.

I do this all day at work reminding co-workers of functions, methods and tools that are already there and only must be used properly. Please don't get me wrong, but if I look at some source code of addons here and there I just start to cry Smile and no wonder the content type isn't set correct...the addon isn't working properly.

The only guideline for the addon is mostly what are the sizes for local images (256x256 for thumbs for example).
Yeah after thinking about this some more I made a stupid suggestion on this. As in my post above, I'm realizing that I also need to manage the minimum info fields correctly even if I don't have meta data to get the correct image to display, regardless of whether I set a content type or not. This is something that I wasn't aware of - I thought the content view of "tvshows" forced the correct info fields to be displayed in an information panel. That is clearly not the case.

Messages In This Thread
RE: How can we fix the image size problem with addons? - by learningit - 2015-05-19, 09:35
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How can we fix the image size problem with addons?0