Mod ScopeNox - Aeon Nox for 2.35/Scope Projector Screens (Zoomed CIH)
Latest Release : ScopeNox 1.23 (Leia)

Hi,
Ok not sure how much interest there is in something like this but as I have it mostly done I thought I'd stick it in here. First off, love BigNoids skin. I've been using it for a long time. But the issue I had made me start looking into modding it myself.

I have a CIH Projector setup on a 2.35 screen. BigNoid is working on 21:9 version of the skin which unfortunately doesn't work for some CIH users, like myself. Those who can get their system to output a custom resolution will likely be able to use BigNoids skin. But in my case that didn't work.

Who this is for :
Those of us who output 1920x1080 on our projectors and zoom the image to fill a 2.35/scope screen and cannot use custom resolutions. This will make the Aeon Nox fit the format of our scope screens and not need to zoom out and have side bars.

The skin has been modded so that all the gui is within the 800pixel image on a scope screen. I have widened some views and made some fonts smaller. The reason for making some of them smaller is that only people with projectors would be using this so it will be on a large screen.

As mentioned its mainly repositioning. I have also added in a scope mask. This can be used where movies (like Interstellar, Dark Knight etc) change aspect ratios throughout the movie. If you want to view the movie in 2.35 then you can toggle the 2.35 (21:9) mask on and off. This will cover the top and bottom with black bars meaning you will not notice the shift in aspect ratio and the image spilling out of the screen.

I am unable to test PVR fully at the minute but on looking at the code, PVR add ons would need to be individually done as they have their own layout xmls.

Some screen shots :

Example of a 16:9 movie without masking :

Switching the masking on :

Extras added :
For some people the aspect ratios shown are wrong in Kodi as a result of their rips containing the black bars, i.e. a 1920x1080 video as opposed to a 1920x800 video.
To get around this, as of v1.3, you can include the aspect ratio in the folder name, e.g. "Theory of Everything, The (2014) 2.35". In this case the 21:9 aspect ratio would show in Kodi. If its not in the filename then the usual aspect ratio will be shown.

In v1.3 this is only in InfoWall view, from 1.4 it will be in any view using the aspect ratio.

So if anyone is interested, let me know and if you do try it out and notice any issue then let me know. Or if this shouldn't be here give me a heads up Big Grin

Cheers.

GITHub : https://github.com/Funkd/ScopeNox

Messages In This Thread
ScopeNox - Aeon Nox for 2.35/Scope Projector Screens (Zoomed CIH) - by Funkd - 2015-06-09, 23:32
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ScopeNox - Aeon Nox for 2.35/Scope Projector Screens (Zoomed CIH)3