AMLogic - try and fix your Audio and Video playback problems.
Yours I would consider an Edge use case scenario - not many Android users at all would go to that much trouble and expense of UHD HDR Bluray manipulation, let alone even using HDR for anything but test clips.

I agree for anything HDR you need to use the Android OS.

But even that has issues with no Auto Resolution switching for top quality 1080p > 4K video upscaling - that is better done by a 4K TV - not a media player if you want superior quality. Its a PITA manually switch Android Resolutions for the majority of normal Kodi 1080p/4K users.
AMLogic Hardware produces "Soft" quality 1080p > 4K upscaling picture outputs, same complaints as nVIDIA Shield owners report.

Everyone is different - for me Android Kodi is a no goer - deinterlacing is to badly broken with Kodi Krypton AND I cannot stand 3:2 pulldown judder with 23.976fps video playback when AMLogic Android Kodi dynamic refresh switching does not work on some platforms.

Best solution is an easy Dual boot setup - you don't compromise too much with either OS then. Smile

BTW: No such thing as a minix m8sII !
MINIX do not have that model designation in their lineup Wink

Messages In This Thread
RE: AMLogic - try and fix your Audio and Video playback problems. - by wrxtasy - 2017-05-14, 08:18
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
AMLogic - try and fix your Audio and Video playback problems.3