Win HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players ISO Menus
Hi Tom.

Your link appears to be broken.

It's nice to see there are new enthusiasts who embrace 3D and veteran users who continue to enjoy it after reading snippets from others claiming 3D is a dead novelty. I think many of these snippets are from those that cannot produce 3D playback due to inferior equipment they sell and prefer to advertise that end users are not missing anything and should prefer 2D. Personally, I enjoy the immersion I feel when watching a title in 3D and the studios seem to agree by continuing to release titles in 3D with an option for naysayers to view in 2D.

Quality of a title and how it's rendered would depend on a number of factors:

Hardware and settings. For example, have you actually turned your 'Sharpness' adjustment to 100% or taken advantage of 240Hz tweaks, etc? Tune your equipment either with a setup disc or manually as I've done. Out of the box defaults are never tweaked to perfection, some not even close. Just make sure your equipment is set up to the best of it's abilities and the actual hardware is the quality you desire.

Software. I suggest you turn off all enhancements in your software players audio and video including deinterlacing. Do use hardware acceleration, non decoded audio with passthrough, etc.

Source. Are you using an untouched rip or dependent on software to strip your rip and hopefully convert the main movie to 100% it's original quality claiming the end result has such minor drawbacks that your eyes and ears will never notice? Also, is the source you started with untouched or already altered? Any time a title is re-encoded, changing it's bitrate, you have lowered the quality.... period. This is why I prefer ripping a complete disc 1:1 and don't care how much 'extra' HDD space it requires for the 'unnecessary' bits and pieces. I don't use MakeMKV and can't explain to you why your mkv rip does not work nor why it looks blurry. I do know that SBS and TAB rips do indeed work perfectly and look good in this setup. Have you played the original iso and compared to your mkv to see if the blur is reduced?

Many claim the only way to playback a complete Blu-ray rip is to strip it and place in an mkv container to circumvent copy protection within the complete disc. This can be done for 1:1 rips also using software such as AnyDVD allowing digital file backups of your disc to be possible and it works on the fly too. Lastly, consider how the director intended the film be edited and released. Many titles in 3D have you feeling like you're part of the set, immersed in the action. Others like War of the Worlds were intended to be grainy and force the look of an old movie on vhs sacrificing clarity imo. Edge of Tomorrow looks pretty good to me and made the A list here http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=221407. There are other dedicated forums as well http://www.avsforum.com/forum/196-3d-content/.

Anyway, welcome to the KODI forums and fellow 3D enthusiasts.
I'm glad everything worked fine using the guide and ask that you star rate the thread at the top of the page as you see fit.
HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players iso menus
DIY HOME THEATER WIND EFFECT

W11 Pro 24H2 MPC-BE\HC madVR KODI 22 GTX960-4GB/RGB 4:4:4/Desktop 60Hz 8bit Video Matched Refresh rates 23,24,50,60Hz 8/10/12bit/Samsung 82" Q90R Denon S720W

Messages In This Thread
RE: Kodi 3D Guide - by brazen1 - 2015-06-15, 22:20
RE: Kodi 3D Guide - by brazen1 - 2015-06-15, 22:29
RE: Kodi 3D Guide - by michaelsammler - 2015-06-22, 00:38
RE: Kodi 3D Guide - by brazen1 - 2015-06-23, 17:15
RE: Kodi 3D Guide - by michaelsammler - 2015-06-24, 02:23
RE: Kodi 3D Guide - by brazen1 - 2015-06-24, 17:22
RE: Kodi 3D Guide - by michaelsammler - 2015-06-25, 09:26
RE: HOW TO - Kodi 2D & 3D Guide Internal & External Players - by brazen1 - 2016-01-25, 21:23
HELP! - by brazen1 - 2018-08-22, 18:50
RE: HELP! - by zxaura1 - 2018-08-24, 09:32
Problem with DXVA scaling videos - by obstler - 2018-10-27, 10:13
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players ISO Menus39