Win HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players ISO Menus
This 3D enable / disable problem is precisely the biggest reason I was going in circles the end of February. I was attempting to disable with nvlink command within the .bat files but my problem was with the filename/filetypes protocol. I get (and still get) unpredictable results fiddling with filenames / filetypes as I'll elaborate later. (BTW everything is working PERFECTLY don't assume because I start typing something it's because it's broken. I'm just trying to go off in my own direction a bit. Which is why I left the message in the other topic that seems to have gone abandoned.) The solution has been particular driver versions. For instance 385.28 works, as we discovered. The most recent driver, 391.35, works also. The drivers in between do not automatically toggle 3D or they give computer vomit error messages. 

I believe that driver revisions are dependent on video card model and perhaps even BIOS on the video card which makes it darn near impossible to point at a driver version and say - this one works for everyone because it probably won't. It just takes patient trial and error - and don't try to solve 2 or 3 problems at once, stay with a single problem. (This is just general advice or perhaps just rambling that I'm giving based on my experiences.)

The one area where I still struggle trying to experiment with other players for various needs - when you say this: 

"Mainly just edit the rule filetypes to list every file extension you use and assign the rule to MPC-BE.  Something like this:

<rule filetypes="mkv|avi|mp4|mpg|m2ts|vob|bdmv|rar|iso|" player="MPC-BE">"

when do you use filetypes and when do you use filenames? I'm still getting unpredictable results so there's something I'm not understanding. Part of the problem is that the * you see in examples isn't a typical wildcard. Which overrules which for something like a 3D iso. 3D is in the filename but not a filetype (So I'm partially answering my own question.) The documentation in the Kodi Wiki says it's regexp rules and when I google regexp and read, I get confused, I give up, and just leave things as they are.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Kodi 3D Guide - by brazen1 - 2015-06-15, 22:20
RE: Kodi 3D Guide - by brazen1 - 2015-06-15, 22:29
RE: Kodi 3D Guide - by michaelsammler - 2015-06-22, 00:38
RE: Kodi 3D Guide - by brazen1 - 2015-06-23, 17:15
RE: Kodi 3D Guide - by michaelsammler - 2015-06-24, 02:23
RE: Kodi 3D Guide - by brazen1 - 2015-06-24, 17:22
RE: Kodi 3D Guide - by michaelsammler - 2015-06-25, 09:26
RE: HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players - by twinpeaks - 2018-04-17, 19:50
HELP! - by brazen1 - 2018-08-22, 18:50
RE: HELP! - by zxaura1 - 2018-08-24, 09:32
Problem with DXVA scaling videos - by obstler - 2018-10-27, 10:13
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players ISO Menus39