OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 16.0)
(2015-08-03, 22:52)MarkT Wrote: Thanks to Milhouse I could get vdr-addon installed. I used http://milhouse.openelec.tv/builds/addons/RPi2/ though to manually install and then updated vdr addons until nothing was left to update.

Some impressions in random order, figuring people googling will find this useful:

- USB on RPi/RPi2 is sadly mediocre only, compared to say an Intel desktop board. I had to ressort to the dwc_otg.fiq_fsm_mask=0xF cmdline.txt hack to get a H264 720p stream at around 10 Mbps working even somewhat reliably. Lots of "FIQ reported NYET. Data may have been lost." before. And even now, every minute or half there is a serious dropout with blocky video and brief pause in audio. 30 minutes into viewing, audio/video is getting pretty skippy to the point where Kodi tries to resample audio, producing squeaky voices.

What USB tuner are you using?

I have no problems with 8-15Mbs+ 720/50p DVB-S2 satellite streams from a Technisat USB Skystar HD satellite receiver, and have no problems with DVB-T2 August T210 and Pinnacle USB PCTV290e tuners. I've not had to use any config or command line hacks to get them working. TV Headend works pretty well - including CI support. I was able to just about get two 8-13Mbs H264 streams running simultaneously (one viewed, one served to a secondary machine) from the same transponder (and both being decrypted). I've had similar results with multiple DVB-T2 H264 1080i streams - and the deinterlacing support in the recent builds has been pretty good too.

Both AC3 and AAC audio and H264 and MPEG2 video have worked with no major problems

Messages In This Thread
RE: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 16.0) - by noggin - 2015-08-04, 01:41
Bluetooth on #1003 - by cdvreede - 2015-10-13, 11:08
Re: RE: Bluetooth on #1003 - by Milhouse - 2015-10-13, 13:24
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 16.0)10