OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 16.0)
(2015-08-10, 19:44)popcornmix Wrote:
(2015-08-10, 19:32)maxodolo Wrote: did that for a while now, and it seems more stable (but not perfect) . had two or three "video stops, audio goes on freezes" in about three hours. and with disabled "sync playback to display" i was able to stop the freeze, when pressing "stop". retuning or changing a channel brought video back up.

with enabled "sync playback to display" i wasn't able to stop the video, and had to "systemctl restart kodi" or even do a reboot (ssh was reliably available even during a gui freeze).

Okay, it's worth being clear exactly what the hangs are.
1) Video playback stalls, but OSD works, and you can stop and restart another video
2) Video playback stalls, and it's impossible to stop and restart another video. "systemctl restart kodi" brings back a working kodi.
3) Video playback stall,s and it's impossible to stop and restart another video. "systemctl restart kodi" fails to bring back a working kodi.

If you see (3) then it's definitely a firmware issue.
(1) and (2) are likely kodi issues, with (1) being more trivial.

There are also failures where kodi exits and restarts. These are likely to be bugs in kodi (e.g. a segfault) and we need the crash log for those.

For me it looks like i am getting 1) with disabled "sync video to display"

With enabled "sync video to display" i am getting definitely 3)

Max

Messages In This Thread
RE: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 16.0) - by maxodolo - 2015-08-10, 20:02
Bluetooth on #1003 - by cdvreede - 2015-10-13, 11:08
Re: RE: Bluetooth on #1003 - by Milhouse - 2015-10-13, 13:24
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 16.0)10