OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 16.0)
(2015-08-14, 15:12)popcornmix Wrote:
(2015-08-14, 15:10)zaphod24 Wrote: The freezes I am getting are the kind that are only corrected with a reboot. Even then, I end up having to pull the power. After the freeze occurs (which includes any SSH sessions I have going) I am able to log back on with SSH, but running bcmstat.sh results in hang that I can only cancel with ctrl-c. I've tried overclocking, no overclocking, force_turbo=1, disable_auto_turbo=1. The only thing that doesn't eventually result in a freeze while skipping/seeking in a video is to change deinterlacing from MMAL-Advanced back to Auto (which is Bob). My content is typically live or recorded TV in mpeg2 1080i60 format.

Can you provide a sample file that exhibits this behaviour? I'd like to be able to reproduce this.

Sure! I'm uploading a 12 minute sample to google drive. It's ~1gb so it may take several hours with my slow 512k upstream speed. I'll post a link when it finally finishes uploading. To reproduce the issue with advanced deinterlacing enabled I just start playback and then skip forward 10 times for 1 min increments. Usually by then it will freeze. The odd thing is that periodically the sound will continue playing, stop for a while, play some more and so on but the picture never changes from the freeze point. As I mentioned before, it also freezes any ssh sessions I have going and when I reconnect with ssh the bcmstat.sh command hangs with no output. I can try to reboot but eventually have to pull the power.

Messages In This Thread
RE: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 16.0) - by zaphod24 - 2015-08-14, 15:36
Bluetooth on #1003 - by cdvreede - 2015-10-13, 11:08
Re: RE: Bluetooth on #1003 - by Milhouse - 2015-10-13, 13:24
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 16.0)10