OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 16.0)
Another issue I've run into is programmes not displaying in the correct aspect ratio. I had thought, when running #817, that I'd found that changing the view mode to Normal (or Original, I forget which) displayed 4:3 programmes with bars either side as it should. This appeared to no longer work with #819 but I think the problem is actually that some 4:3 programmes are broadcast with black bars embedded in a 16:9 frame and some are broadcast in 4:3, which on my TV's built-in tuner makes the TV aspect mode auto switch to 4:3 and display grey bars either side.

I took some photos comparing my TV's built-in tuner to the OE/TVheadend output.

TV - Aspect mode set to Auto, it auto selects 4:3 and displays bars either side (these are actually grey, they just look blue in the photo)

RPi - None of the view modes display it in 4:3, TV Auto switches to Just(ified?) aspect mode

RPi - After I manually switch the TV aspect mode to 4:3 it looks OK (with the OE View Mode set to Normal I think)

TV - 16:9 programme, Auto selects 16:9 aspect mode

RPi - Auto selects Just aspect mode but it looks OK with the OE View Mode set to Stretch 16:9

So it seems not only do I have to fiddle with the OE View Mode depending on what aspect the programme is but also manually change the TV's aspect mode. I don't know if there's any way to avoid the latter but is it possible to map a key to toggle through the OE View Modes, which would at least avoid having to bring up the OSD and navigate to the Video menu each time?

Messages In This Thread
RE: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 16.0) - by doveman2 - 2015-08-20, 19:25
Bluetooth on #1003 - by cdvreede - 2015-10-13, 11:08
Re: RE: Bluetooth on #1003 - by Milhouse - 2015-10-13, 13:24
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 16.0)10