OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 16.0)
I'm having problems seeking / with 4:3 to 16:9 transitions on RPi with the latest build (New OpenELEC Jarvis build #0830: RPi) using both the OMXPlayer and MMAL acceleration options. This seems to affect channels when they use different formats/bitrates for ads and shows.

I've uploaded a short extract here ( http://www.thomasinfletcher.com/temp/xaa.mpg ) which exhibits the problem.
The file is a .ts stream recorded using a WinFast DTV1000-T and mythtv from the 'Yesterday' channel in the UK.

It starts with adverts in 16:9 format, then switches to a program in 4:3 format.

Symptoms are as follows:
  1. If you play the file through without seeking, OMXPlayer manages the transition fine (shape changes, continues playing).
  2. If you play the file through without seeking using MMAL, the screen shape doesn't change (stays at 16:9).
  3. If you seek across the 16:9 to 4:3 transition with OMXPlayer, the shape changes correctly, but the image freezes. Selecting Pause/Play doesn't restart playback. When you press 'stop' it seems to start playing for a fraction of a second.
  4. If you seek across the 16:9 to 4:3 transition with MMAL, the file continues to play, but the shape stays at the old one (i.e. image is squashed/stretched)
  5. If you 'resume' from after the transition (not easily possible with this shortened clip), it plays correctly using both OMXPlayer and MAML in the correct shape.
  6. with acceleration disabled, playing across the transition is handled correctly, as is skipping across the transition (although the RPi can't render every frame and audio is out of sync).
  7. mplayer on my x86 gentoo box seems to handle the 16:9 4:3 shape transition/skipping across it correctly.

Similar issues happen later in the full recording at the start of the next add break when a 4:3 to 16:9 transition occurs.

Messages In This Thread
RE: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 16.0) - by metaron - 2015-08-31, 21:02
Bluetooth on #1003 - by cdvreede - 2015-10-13, 11:08
Re: RE: Bluetooth on #1003 - by Milhouse - 2015-10-13, 13:24
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 16.0)10