OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 16.0)
@Milhouse (or anyone else that might know the answer)

I'm tinkering with building openelec from source under Ubuntu 14.04 LTS. I've been able to "succesfully" build the x86 version by doing this:
PROJECT=Generic ARCH=x86_64 make release
followed by
PROJECT=Generic ARCH=x86_64 make image

Now, I'd like to build the version for the RPi2. I've only been able to find what appears to be the instructions for the RPi original architecture, which looks like this:
PROJECT=RPi ARCH=arm make release (or image I assume to get the disk image)

To build the stuff for the Pi2, would I use a command line like this:
PROJECT=RPi2 ARCH=arm make release (or image I assume)
Do I use the same value for ARCH as I would for the original Pi, or do I need to put in something like armv7 for the ARCH= part?

My long term goal is to be able to build openelec and do a bit of hacking on MythPVR to expand on some of the error messages that I see and to possibly solve my channel changing issue with sub-channels not changing properly. I promise not to bring my own self-inflicted problem to the forum and I'll try not to bother you about this, though I would like to know what is involved with what you do for the nightly builds (selecting patches and having them included in the build). Just trying to learn something here. Smile

I'd appreciate anything you can point me to to help me to help myself. I'd really like to know how the big picture works with what you do daily. Ideally, I'd like to be able to take your nightly release info and build the same images that you do. I'm very curious to know how you selectively pull in patches to incorporate into your builds. I presume that there is some mechanism to apply patches for the build process, that don't permanently change your source tree.

I also presume that you don't compile all of the addons yourself, but get (at least some of) them in object (binary) form from the authors. I'm speaking specifically about the MythTV PVR Client.

Again, please tell me the proper values for the PROJECT and ARCH environment variables for building openelec for the RPi2. Thanks for all your hard work and hopefully (someday) I'll know enough about how all this works to be able to contribute something worthwhile to the project. Thanks for reading and thanks for anything you can tell me.
Experience: It's what you get when you were expecting something else.

Messages In This Thread
RE: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 16.0) - by afremont - 2015-09-13, 02:17
Bluetooth on #1003 - by cdvreede - 2015-10-13, 11:08
Re: RE: Bluetooth on #1003 - by Milhouse - 2015-10-13, 13:24
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 16.0)10