Win Find movies missing from the actual storage but still in database.
So i have been running XBMC for 4+ years now and have quite a sizeable collection of movies. The movies are actually stored on a separete server with (X,Y,Z) three shared windows paths. These windows shares are mapped as local drives on the Kodi PC . The local drives are added to the Kodi media sources to scrape and scan any new addition.

It happened a while ago that my physical hard disks got corrupted and during the fixing I lost numerous movies. The movie entry is still there in Kodi movie library database , but the actual movies file from the harddisk may be deleted or misplaced.

So if I run the "clean database" function from within Kodi. it would match each movie library database entry with the presence of the movie file on the movie sources path, and if it does not find the movie file, it would delete the entry from the database, hence I would not know which movie files were the ones I lost.

Hence I need to know is there is plugin or procedure, via which I can know which movie entries are in the movie library database, but dont have the actual movie file lying on the hard disk storage, this way I would be able to retrieve all such missing and deleted movie and complete my collection.

There is a plugin called Missing Movie Scanner, but it does the reverse of what I want to achieve. it scans the movie storage paths and checks if there is any movie file which is not added to the kodi video library database.

Need some expert help.

Would appreciate your guidance.

Thanks.

Messages In This Thread
Find movies missing from the actual storage but still in database. - by HyperEscape - 2015-07-08, 21:14
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Find movies missing from the actual storage but still in database.0