New Kodi/Plex Server Intel 5820 HTPC Build
(2016-03-25, 00:17)Jason.Bourne Wrote:
(2015-10-17, 18:32)Dark_Slayer Wrote: Take a look at Emby as a plex alternative. It's Kodi integration is much better, and remote streaming/transcoding is good

I actually trialled emby for a bit but ultimately decided to go back to plex, partly because there's many more devices out there with native plex apps than there are for emby.
Yeah Plex has a lot of native apps, but for me those all pale in comparison to using Kodi. Emby nailed the kodi integration part such that you have a native library even outside the LAN. There's a plex thread now where they are driving the changes back into a Plex add-on, so something good is in the works. Plex is still behind IMO regarding disc art, trailers, actors, quick sync transcoding. Trailers and actors are available through Plex pass I think, not sure how that filters down to clients. QS may arrive around the same time for both, but Emby is already doing something with it and have it enabled in their beta

Messages In This Thread
RE: New Kodi/Plex Server Intel 5820 HTPC Build - by Dark_Slayer - 2016-03-26, 18:13
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New Kodi/Plex Server Intel 5820 HTPC Build0