v15 Text entry dialog causes high CPU temperatures in Full Screen mode
Tried it. It just makes things worse. The idle CPU usage (without the text dialog box) doubles and the fan hits max speed and the temperature rises another 5-10 degrees with the text dialog box.

Looking at the visualization of the dirty regions, the text echo box remains being continuously rendered regardless of that mode setting.

Also, notice that moving around the keys in that dialog using arrow keys on a keyboard results in some really weird and unnecessary dirty regions way outside the entire dialog. Ideally, it should only dirty the before and after key buttons, if I understand the dirty region optimization correctly for controls.

I think this dialog box needs a serious looking into as to how it renders as it appears to be seriously broken and inefficient in rendering especially on 1080p screens.

Not sure why this became more of an issue in Kodi 15 in my case. Never noticed the problem in Kodi 14 before.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Text entry dialog causes high CPU temperatures in Full Screen mode - by Common Man - 2015-09-01, 22:58
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Text entry dialog causes high CPU temperatures in Full Screen mode0