Warning Kodi is not running on iOS9 - This is for developers only!
Compiled fine. Would crash until I manually commented out the following line in xbmc/tools/darwin/Support/copyframeworks-ios.command:

install_name_tool -change "$VTB_SDK6" "$VTB_SDK5" "$TARGET_BINARY"

(Discussed in http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2111373).

I’m not having the “tether” issue others have mentioned. Perhaps this is because I chose the “Build for Profile” option rather than debug?

Some issues and workarounds:

1. When in File Manager, clicking “Add source” does not render a dialogue. Also, I cannot leave the File Manager screen when clicking the back arrow or Home icon. The workaround I used was to enable the Web GUI which is able to initiate the dialogue for adding sources and is able to return to the home screen.

2. Installing plugins from remote repository (via “Install from zip” to a web source created earlier) not working. I found manually downloading, unzipping and copying addon folders to the addons directory worked. To copy both the Kodi.ipa and addons, I used iFunbox but regular iTunes should probably work as well.

Thanks to Memphiz and the Kodi Team. It’s great to have Kodi back while running iOS 9—especially so soon after this disruptive OS switch.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Warning Kodi is not running on iOS9 - This is for developers only! - by txprestige - 2015-09-22, 12:28

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Warning Kodi is not running on iOS9 - This is for developers only!1
This forum uses Lukasz Tkacz MyBB addons.