Release Surveillance Room - Your IP Camera Companion with extra Foscam HD Support
(2016-08-18, 19:05)ThePrivateGeek Wrote: Hello everyone,
I was wondering if what I'm trying to do is at all possible before I start banging the wall with my head:

Kodi 16.1 on RPi3 connected to TV, this awesome addon is installed.
Another RPi3 with RPi Camera running MotionEyeOs. This works like a charm.
I can view my cam from Kodi using generic IP cam settings, however, motion detaction is grayed out.

Question if it's at all possible to get motion detection to work and fire up the preview?

On the MotionEyeOs side, there are settings for Motion Notification specificly the Web Hook URL, I tried configuring it to use POST (JSON) but that didn't work.

Any help would be highly appticiated.

P.S. @maikito26, great addon. Thanks a lot Smile

Thanks

If anyone is interested in this, this is how I got it to work:

On the MotionEyeOS machine, I created ssh rsa public key and moved to Kod machine's authorized_keys file under ~/.ssh
Then on the MotionEyeOS web interface, I added the following command in the Motion Notification - Run a Command setting:

ssh kodi_username@kodi_ip_address 'xbmc-send -a "XBMC.RunPlugin(plugin://plugin.video.surveillanceroom?action=show_preview&camera_number=1)"'

This worked like a charm. Every time the motion is detected, a little preview window pops up in the lower cornor.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Surveillance Room - Your IP Camera Companion with extra Foscam HD Support - by ThePrivateGeek - 2016-08-21, 17:13
All Cameras - by zaxcom - 2016-08-25, 03:17
Axis M211 - by OnkelKraecker - 2017-03-08, 13:36
RE: Axis M211 - by jinux - 2017-03-08, 14:43
Axis M 211 - by OnkelKraecker - 2017-10-13, 12:57
RE: Axis M 211 - by maikito26 - 2018-01-24, 15:00
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Surveillance Room - Your IP Camera Companion with extra Foscam HD Support7