Release Surveillance Room - Your IP Camera Companion with extra Foscam HD Support
(2017-07-31, 06:44)yoyoma2 Wrote: Great addon.

Is it possible to get the preview mode to use rtsp for a system that provides only rtsp access? The system can define arbitrarily low bitrate rtsp streams for previews/mobile. How can a rtsp stream only system use the addon's preview mode?

Also, if only generic IP camera mode is used with live playback on request (no alerts/notifications), is it really necessary for the addon to run a service? Changing any setting triggers a restarting service message. Just worried about consuming unnecessary resources on a weak system and wondering if the service can be turned off.
Thanks!

Currently RTSP on preview is not possible due to the way Kodi works.  Ideally I'd want that too but for now we wait until its possible.  Being able to play multiple videos at once would make the add-on design much much easier.

You're right.  I'll need to exert more energy to make it more flexible in the future to remove the need for running a service unnecessarily.  The reason it's like this is because I wrote the code to service my specific needs so that wasn't ever a use case.

Messages In This Thread
All Cameras - by zaxcom - 2016-08-25, 03:17
Axis M211 - by OnkelKraecker - 2017-03-08, 13:36
RE: Axis M211 - by jinux - 2017-03-08, 14:43
RE: Surveillance Room - Your IP Camera Companion with extra Foscam HD Support - by maikito26 - 2018-01-24, 15:20
Axis M 211 - by OnkelKraecker - 2017-10-13, 12:57
RE: Axis M 211 - by maikito26 - 2018-01-24, 15:00
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Surveillance Room - Your IP Camera Companion with extra Foscam HD Support7