Release Surveillance Room - Your IP Camera Companion with extra Foscam HD Support
(2018-03-01, 16:27)Dieter Claeys Wrote: Can Somebody help me to get the settings I need to fill in for a Foscam C1 camera?
Thanks in Advance!
(2016-05-28, 21:16)muchacha_grande Wrote: I'm trying to connect to a C1 with the latest firmware and I can't figure out how to set the right parameters.
In Camera Type I choose Foscam HD - Override (for C1)
The fill de host IP, the standard port 88, the admin user and password.
But I don't know what to put on the three URL field below.
Can you teach me please?

Hey guys, as a C1 owner, I wanted to chip in with some instructions since I went through this entire thread and didn't see any explanation of how to use this for the C1, and more importantly, my only functioning setup for the C1 appears to be unable to use the confusingly named "Foscam HD - Override (for C1)" camera type. (@maikito26 I'll attach the offending lines from my Kodi log at the end of this post, when I try to use that camera type, if you might be interested.)

I'll start from the Add-ons screen in case anyone, like me, cannot access the Surveillance Room's settings from within the addon due to the override-for-c1 setting insta-crashing the addon.
  • Choose 'Settings' from Surveillance Room's context menu
    • Context menu available by "c" on keyboard, the menu button on a remote, or (on some platforms) a long-press
  • On the left-side tabs, navigate to Camera 1
  • Configure it with these settings:
    • Camera Type:   Generic IP Camera
    • Source - Player:   Video Stream
    • Source - All Cameras:   Snapshot
    • Source - Preview:   Snapshot
    • Snapshot URL:   http://192.168.1.111:88/cgi-bin/CGIProxy.fcgi?cmd=snapPicture2&usr=USR&pwd=PWD 
    • Video Stream URL:   rtsp://USR:PWD@192.168.1.111:554/videoMain 
    • MJPEG URL:   leave it blank (unless your firmware is like 3+ years old, MJPEG's not available)
  • Obviously, you must replace elements of the URLs above with the properties of your own cameras/network
    • the default CGI-interface port for C1 is 88
    • the default RTSP port is 554 (and is listed in the ONVIF section in your camera's web console)
    • note that in the snapshot URL there is no 'E' in "&usr="

Image Image Image Image

If you want to all-cameras or one-camera-fullscreen (or corner previews) functionality without navigating through Kodi to the addon, and without configuring a custom keymap, you'll need maikito26's "SR - Play Camera" context menu addon, in addition to the original Surveillance Room addon. This will add a "Show Camera" menu menu-item to any context menu you pull up from most/many screens within Kodi (as shown in the first screenshot, above).
I can't say for certain, but if you are going to use the fancy corner-overlay-preview(s) functionality, you'll probably also want the "SR - Toggle Preview..." context menu addon. It will en-masse disable/enable background services powering the corner-previews.  I think. I don't know if these services eat up much cpu/memory resources, but if you find that they do, that's why you'd want to be able to easily disable them.
The location of these addons isn't super obvious unless you're a Kodi expert, so I'm including a few screenshots of where to find them.

Image Image Image

Maikito26 -- here's a snippit of what happens after I've configured a C1 using the override type, then try to open SR...
Code:

08:44:36.654 T:4180   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
     - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
    Error Type: <type 'exceptions.AttributeError'>
    Error Contents: 'super' object has no attribute 'init'
    Traceback (most recent call last):
      File "C:\Users\Buechler\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.surveillanceroom\service.py", line 234, in <module>
        start()
      File "C:\Users\Buechler\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.surveillanceroom\service.py", line 229, in start
        instance.run(monitor)
      File "C:\Users\Buechler\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.surveillanceroom\service.py", line 199, in run
        self.restart()
      File "C:\Users\Buechler\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.surveillanceroom\service.py", line 211, in restart
        start()
      File "C:\Users\Buechler\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.surveillanceroom\service.py", line 229, in start
        instance.run(monitor)
      File "C:\Users\Buechler\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.surveillanceroom\service.py", line 169, in run
        camera = Camera(camera_number)
      File "C:\Users\Buechler\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.surveillanceroom\resources\lib\ipcam_api_wrapper.py", line 38, in __init__
        self.camera = ipcam_api_foscamhd.FoscamCameraOverride(camera_settings, daemon, verbose)
      File "C:\Users\Buechler\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.surveillanceroom\resources\lib\ipcam_api_foscamhd.py", line 808, in __init__
        super(FoscamCamera, self).init(camera_settings, daemon = False, verbose = True)
    AttributeError: 'super' object has no attribute 'init'
    -->End of Python script error report<--
08:44:41.302 T:11648   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
     - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
    Error Type: <type 'exceptions.AttributeError'>
    Error Contents: 'super' object has no attribute 'init'
    Traceback (most recent call last):
      File "C:\Users\Buechler\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.surveillanceroom\default.py", line 298, in <module>
        cameraplayer.play(camera_number)
      File "C:\Users\Buechler\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.surveillanceroom\resources\lib\cameraplayer.py", line 307, in play
        camera = Camera(camera_number)
      File "C:\Users\Buechler\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.surveillanceroom\resources\lib\ipcam_api_wrapper.py", line 38, in __init__
        self.camera = ipcam_api_foscamhd.FoscamCameraOverride(camera_settings, daemon, verbose)
      File "C:\Users\Buechler\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.surveillanceroom\resources\lib\ipcam_api_foscamhd.py", line 808, in __init__
        super(FoscamCamera, self).init(camera_settings, daemon = False, verbose = True)
    AttributeError: 'super' object has no attribute 'init'
    -->End of Python script error report<--

Messages In This Thread
All Cameras - by zaxcom - 2016-08-25, 03:17
Axis M211 - by OnkelKraecker - 2017-03-08, 13:36
RE: Axis M211 - by jinux - 2017-03-08, 14:43
Axis M 211 - by OnkelKraecker - 2017-10-13, 12:57
RE: Axis M 211 - by maikito26 - 2018-01-24, 15:00
Foscam C1 confusion & setup - by jasonbuechler - 2018-03-23, 20:01
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Surveillance Room - Your IP Camera Companion with extra Foscam HD Support7