Release Surveillance Room - Your IP Camera Companion with extra Foscam HD Support
Nice job.  Should be very useful to others trying to do the same.  Yeah, I'm not sure why action methods do that, but I would imagine it has something to do with the way the Kodi engine handles such requests and is probably outside the reach of the developer to correct.  But that is just a guess as I have not looked too closely at the app code or at how Kodi handles such calls.  There is a kluge for this as explained here: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2780443  but you need a linux box.  There are probably similar keyboard emulation apps for other platforms if you want to go down that road.

One possible way to address the problem would be to send a motion detection alarm to the app via a json call.  This would allow the internal preview mechanisms of the app to proceed naturally and you wouldn't get a stoppage in video play.  But I imagine that would entail some app changes to allow an event(s) on generic cameras..... as well as a way to listen for, and act on such push events. 

I'm not sure if Maiko monitors this thread, but there does seem to be a widespread desire out there to integrate this awesome app with alarm events generated by HA systems.

Messages In This Thread
All Cameras - by zaxcom - 2016-08-25, 03:17
Axis M211 - by OnkelKraecker - 2017-03-08, 13:36
RE: Axis M211 - by jinux - 2017-03-08, 14:43
Axis M 211 - by OnkelKraecker - 2017-10-13, 12:57
RE: Axis M 211 - by maikito26 - 2018-01-24, 15:00
RE: Surveillance Room - Your IP Camera Companion with extra Foscam HD Support - by BuxtonCalvin - 2019-02-05, 01:13
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Surveillance Room - Your IP Camera Companion with extra Foscam HD Support7