SNES controller key mapping
Gidday all,
I have built kodi-game and the addons and can launch SNES games.... but in my fav. game Worms only the A, select, and start buttons works!
I have played this game in retroarch no problem.
I have pressed 't' and remapped the keys eg A->c B->x X->a Y->z start-> enter select -> shift shoulders to pgup/pgdown
What am I doing wrong.

I have built in two ways:
from git://github.com/kodi-game/xbmc.git as:
Code:
./bootstrap
./configure --prefix=/usr
make
sudo make install

and the addons from https://github.com/garbear/xbmc.git as:
Code:
<in build dir>
cmake -DADDONS_TO_BUILD="peripheral.joystick game.libretro game.libretro.2048 game.libretro.beetle-bsnes game.libretro.beetle-gba game.libretro.beetle-lynx game.libretro.beetle-ngp game.libretro.beetle-pce-fast game.libretro.beetle-psx game.libretro.bluemsx game.libretro.dosbox game.libretro.fceumm game.libretro.gambatte game.libretro.genplus game.libretro.handy game.libretro.meteor game.libretro.mupen64plus game.libretro.nestopia game.libretro.pcsx-rearmed game.libretro.stella game.libretro.vbam game.libretro.vba-next game.libretro.yabause"  -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Debug -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/usr/lib/kodi/addons ../project/cmake/addons/
make
sudo make install
Some addons had errors so not in the list
Also built kodi from the https://github.com/garbear/xbmc.git tree as above... same diff.
The documentation is very confusing when new to this. I am still not sure if this is right... I tried the
Code:
make -C tools/depends/target/binary-addons PREFIX=$HOME/kodi ADDONS="game.libretro"
method but this failed (not just that game.libretro had broken dependencies like dosbox... )

Other questions like how do we choose emulator (which SNES emu for example...)

How to get a nice pictographic view of the game collection. I have added a ROMS source, but can only browse as files..

and... how to play Atari ST games (and ultimatly Amiga)

Pretty damn cool how it (almost) just works!!!

cheers team 8)

PS: I am happy to update the docs for n00bs to kodi-game such as myself 8)

Messages In This Thread
SNES controller key mapping - by spmp - 2015-11-19, 07:22
RE: SNES controller key mapping - by spmp - 2015-11-19, 12:15
RE: SNES controller key mapping - by zag - 2015-11-19, 14:29
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
SNES controller key mapping0