OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 17.0)
(2015-12-08, 22:46)Milhouse Wrote:
(2015-12-08, 22:34)Ollo Wrote: I'm not sure where I should start testing? Should I go back to OE 6.0 builds?

I'd suggest adding your comment here on the HiFiBerry Digi forum as apparently you're not alone, so at least it's not your hardware that is at fault. Smile

It should at least be working with OpenELEC 6.0 as this is a supported option, so you could pester HiFiBerry for better support - after all, they sold you the hardware.

If a fix materialises (I don't know if it's a Kodi issue, or a HiFiBerry kernel issue), then chances are you'll see it here first.

Dear Milhouse,

I'm back again with sad news from Daniel of the Hifiberry Team.

"HI,
unfortunately none of our team knows the internals of Kodi and therefore nobody can debug this. We know from many people that are using Kodi for DTS and Dolby Digital playback. However, if the Kodi developers can't say what might be the problem, we can't help either. The application decides what data to send to the Digi+ board." (see here).

This means I'm stucked now but at least I can say it might have never worked on my environment as I tried some further official builds.
and in all of them DD5.1 is not working.

I will keep trying and post some news if the behaviour changes.

By the way do you know a possibility switching HDMI and ALSA passtrough using some remote commands like JSON-RPC? This would allow me using HDMI with DD5.1 and ALSA with DTS. Big Grin

Ollo

Messages In This Thread
RE: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 17.0) - by Ollo - 2015-12-09, 21:05
RPI 3 no internet access on wifi - by b1m1 - 2016-03-09, 14:44
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 17.0)6