OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 17.0)
The zero-copy change is a big improvement - particularly if sdram is overclocked! Many thanks @popcornmix and colleagues.

However I have found a couple of HEVC regressions (oddly enough, only with Big Buck Bunny 1080 and 720p, both .ts files (bbb_720p_c.ts and bbb_1080p_c.ts - download using "Save as..."). Tested over both smb:// and nfs://.

Config: RPi2, arm_freq=1000, core_freq=500, gpu_freq=400

First regression:

When playing HEVC Big Buck Bunny 1080p (.ts) with stock 450MHz sdram - which I know isn't really playable - playback will repeatedly restart at about 1m24s (although it sometimes varies a bit). Note that "Repeat" is off, so it's not stopping and restarting - it's just restarting...

However with sdram_freq=600 (over_voltage_sdram=5, sdram_schmoo=0x02000020), the same video plays without restarting (there is some minor slow down while zooming into the burrow at start, and villians emerging from grass at ~5m03s, otherwise it's pretty much perfect - total 15 skipped frames, 5 missed).

Maybe there's some memory-bottleneck induced playback error that causes the restart? The 720p version of Big Buck Bunny will play through to the end with sdram=450.

Debug log with 450MHz sdram: http://sprunge.us/GVPU (1080p playback restarted itself two times at timestamp 1m24s, then a third time at timestamp 1m26s)

Second regression:

With HEVC Big Buck Bunny 1080p OR Big Buck Bunny 720p, and with sdram_freq=450 or 600, any attempt to seek will restart playback from the beginning. All my other HEVC samples don't suffer from this seek/restart issue. I tested an mpeg2 ts - this had no seek issues.

Debug log with 600MHz sdram: http://sprunge.us/QEeV (seeking using BigStepForward - each time playback restarts)

Presumably these two regressions are linked somehow.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.

Messages In This Thread
RE: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 17.0) - by Milhouse - 2016-02-10, 03:12
RPI 3 no internet access on wifi - by b1m1 - 2016-03-09, 14:44
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 17.0)6