OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 17.0)
(2016-03-21, 14:15)popcornmix Wrote:
(2016-03-21, 01:57)Milhouse Wrote: [*]"Sync playback to display" now disabled by default

With the last build you'll probably find "Sync playback to display" is disabled.
Historically when "Sync playback to display" is disabled you may get stuttery playback.
This occurs when, by chance the presentation time occurs too close to the vsync.
That results in small amounts of jitter in the timing causing frames to either hit or miss the nearby vsync.
Each time you start, resume from pause, or seek the render time vs vsync changes, so may cause or cure the stuttering.

The last build always blocks until the next vsync before presenting frames. I'm hoping that will avoid the stutter,
but as the occurrence of the stutter is random and fairly rare it is hard to be sure.

Please report if you see stuttering that wasn't in the preceding build. Also report if enabling "Sync playback to display" helps.
Also report if you see any hangs during playback. The method for blocking until vsync has provoked hangs in the past, but I hope I've avoided that with this version.

Actually playback has significantly improved for me with "sync to display" disabled. I had many problems with some TV recordings with mp3 audio in the past, playback was mostly stuttering. Nevertheless codec info still counts a lot of skipped frames even with the latest builds, it's about 100 frames within 10 minutes. If you're interested I could upload a sample file.

Messages In This Thread
RPI 3 no internet access on wifi - by b1m1 - 2016-03-09, 14:44
RE: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 17.0) - by thent - 2016-03-22, 13:48
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 17.0)6