Windows 10 - Kodi refresh rate change switching to wrong resolution
Thx. I implemented this "switch". As background:

There are a lot of intel nucs out there that only support HDMI 1.4b, so max 4k@30hz. So people normally want kodi running at 1080p60, but also want to use their 4k capabilities, especially as most nucs are too slow to upscale 1080p content to 4k in decent quality themselves.

The new method therefore does:
- Not only changing the refreshrate, but:
- It also checks for higher resolutions that would match better. Example: Video is 3840x2160@24 hz, we will switch up to 3840x2160@24 hz. If video is 1920x1080@24hz, we keep 1920x1080 as the "width" perfectly matches.
- In your case I think something is misbehaving, therefore the logfile is needed to see what is going wrong.

What I think that could be wrong is, that the modelines are somewhat inaccurate, meaning the 4k mode has better refreshrate as the full hd mode and therefore we switch up, which is obviously wrong, but let's see.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Windows 10 - Kodi refresh rate change switching to wrong resolution - by fritsch - 2016-01-10, 21:16
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Windows 10 - Kodi refresh rate change switching to wrong resolution0