ODROID C2 S905 2GB RAM HDMI 2.0 $46
I've never used eMMC v5 flash memory before and I am also surprised by how quick everything runs in combo with Android Lollipop. That OS release has made a big difference to OS speed on Android platforms.

HardKernel don't much around either. They give you the option to set the Performance CPU Governor straight away. Its even set as default in some of their v3.14.xx AML Kernels Smile
That is the benefit of having a little board with a decent Heatsink as part of the standard package when purchased. Smile

I'm still amazed I can run the C2 off a very old iPhone charger without issues via a usb otg cable. Very power efficient these AML S8xx/S9xx boards.

I use WeTek's Jarvis mediaplayer as its got a few bugs fixes and optimisation tweaks in it specific to AML platforms that are not in mainline Kodi.
You can run the Android desktop and Kodi easily at 2160/50p or 2160/60p with fluidity and speed.

The next test would be HD Audio Passthrough in Android Lollipop....as the C2 is running the required Android API Level 22.

Decent Firmware and a AML S905 really packs a punch, tech specs wise compared to the recently released RPi3. Particularly the 2GHz Cortex-A53 CPU and the very capable GPU/VPU combined with DDR3 SDRAM speed. The Gigabit Networking I/O speeds on the C2 are impressively quick, no sharing with a USB bus here.

All we need now is the Software support to catch up for full Aarch64 support. !

Messages In This Thread
RE: ODROID C2 S905 2GB RAM HDMI 2.0 $40 - by wrxtasy - 2016-03-06, 02:54
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ODROID C2 S905 2GB RAM HDMI 2.0 $4610