ODROID C2 S905 2GB RAM HDMI 2.0 $46
(2016-06-06, 17:21)schimi2k Wrote: Hey wrxtasy,
i have tested around a bit with my 3D-Material what i have here and i have noticed something:
using >>> LibreELEC-Odroid_C2.aarch64-7.0.1.3D.ISO.MySQL.tar

1. i have just test it on my Grundig LED TV yet. Will keep testing with my main Eqipment here in my Livingroom the next days (Onkyo Receiver, Samsung LED TV and Benq Projector )
2. You have to config Kodi like this:
Settings >> System Settings >> Video Output > -Preferred mode: Same as Movie
Settings >> Video Settings >> Playback > Playbackmode of Stereoscopic 3D Videos: Ask Me ( important ! ) - if i choose "Preferred Mode" it doesnt work !!!
Settings >> Video Settings >> Bluray playback Mode: Show simplified Menu

ok, i tested some 3D-Isos and MVC files out of those 3D-Isos ( with makemkv )

3D-Isos: ( i have test this with 6 different 3D-Iso files - full screen, cartoons, 16:9 etc )
name it like this ( for example ) : Dredd (2012).bluray.3DFP.iso >>> i have read in another Board about this "FP" after the 3D
- click on the file
- contextmenu is popping up - choose "Play in 3D"
- ok, on this point i have sometimes different results:
1. you see a TAB screen ! ( Top and Bottom ) - you have to go to OSD Options > 3D and choose again TAB ! - RESULT: Kodi switch to 3D mode AND my TV switch to the right 3D Mode TOO !!!! ( picture is kind of blurry ) - If you are using CONFLUENCE you have to choose "activate 3D mode"
2. You will ask what mode you will use - i choose TAB and Kodi and TV goes direct to right 3D Mode

Means: 3D Isos are working here like a charm AND TV switch direct to the right 3D Mode

MVC.mkv files: ( i have test this with 3 MVC movies )
name it like this ( for example ) : Cars 2 (2011).bluray.3DFP.mkv ( This one with Headermode:3 - others with 13 by default by Makemkv )
- click on the file
- contextmenu is popping up - choose "TAB"
Kodi and TV is switching direct to the right 3D Mode without any skip frames or so - plays normal without any problems!!!!
when i stop the movie 3D Mode stops too ( i have set it up in settings to do so !! )

!!!PROBLEM !!! sometimes i get a strange resolution after i stop the movie ! realy strange ones ( dont write it down, but something like 1201x402 or such weird numbers ) - when i click on the file again, i get the contextmenu again - start the movie in right 1920x1080 res and after another stop it was okay again ... happens 3 times i think

Means: 3D MVCs are working here too AND TV switch direct to the right 3D Mode
here is a SAMPLE of "Cars 2" mvc: >>> DOWNLOAD HERE <<<

when i have test it here too on my Samsung TV and Benq Projector i will Update my Post
Cheers schimi2k, slowly getting there by the looks of it. A bit of S905 Kernel work still needed for autoswitching back to a normal Kodi GUI, Post Process manager 3D is not compiling properly.

I had a look at the Metadata of the Cars2 3D MVC mkv:
Code:
ID : 1
Format : AVC
Format/Info : Advanced Video Codec
Format profile : Stereo [email protected] / [email protected]
MultiView_Count : 2
MultiView_Layout : Top-Bottom (left eye first)
Format settings, CABAC : Yes
Format settings, ReFrames : 1 frame
Format settings, GOP : M=1, N=24
Codec ID : V_MPEG4/ISO/AVC
Duration : 1mn 0s
Bit rate mode : Variable
Bit rate : 10.9 Mbps
Maximum bit rate : 30.0 Mbps
Width : 1 920 pixels
Height : 1 080 pixels
Display aspect ratio : 16:9
Frame rate mode : Constant
Frame rate : 23.976 (24000/1001) fps

Yes seems to play fine, without the judder I have seen with other test 3D MVC .mkv test files.
So I take it the appropriate Makemkv settings are needed when encoding in the first place.

Messages In This Thread
RE: ODROID C2 S905 2GB RAM HDMI 2.0 $40 - by wrxtasy - 2016-06-06, 19:43
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ODROID C2 S905 2GB RAM HDMI 2.0 $4610