ODROID C2 S905 2GB RAM HDMI 2.0 $46
(2016-12-28, 07:10)nickr Wrote: The 16GB is certainly large enough and fast enough!

(2016-12-28, 07:33)wrxtasy Wrote: In reality most LibreELEC users is not writing large sized files to eMMC all the time. Kodi Artwork and thumbnails are Not massive multi MB files.

Fast Random 4K Read speed is the most important and for that even 8GB eMMC is more than adequate.
Well, my biggest reason to potentially get a C2 to replace my rPi 3 is the sluggishness of the rPi 3 compared to the Chromebox and other Intel Haswell based solutions in booting and navigating the UI. If I'm going to replace the hardware for more speed I'm going all the way, not half steps. I'd pay the extra $20 to maximize the performance. I don't want a fan. Otherwise I have an Intel Haswell box I could use.

However, it looks like trying to use the C2 in my setup is going to be a typical Linux headache. Nothing ever just works. Confused I'm not sure if I want to open Pandora's box (again) and get forced way too deep into the underpinnings of Linux in order to make it work.

Thread Rating:
  • 10 Vote(s) - 4.1 Average

Messages In This Thread
RE: ODROID C2 S905 2GB RAM HDMI 2.0 $40 - by Stereodude - 2016-12-28, 16:43

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ODROID C2 S905 2GB RAM HDMI 2.0 $464.110
This forum uses Lukasz Tkacz MyBB addons.